Among other temporary measures, we’ve introduced a booking system to help manage the number of guests we have visiting at any one time, which allows you to choose a date and arrival time.
Please be aware that while we’ll do our best to let everyone in at the time slots they choose, if we become too busy, we may ask visitors to queue until we can safely let everyone inside.
Help us to keep to time by arriving at your chosen arrival time, and keeping your visit to 90 minutes. There is no need to pay in advance as all payments can be made at our reception desk upon arrival.
Sadly at this time, due to the layout of our museum and to ensure all of our visitors remain socially distanced, wheelchairs and pushchairs cannot be accommodated. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Walk-ins available if not up to full capacity.
Please use the link below to see our most up to date prices.
Please refer to our main website. www.bygones.co.uk
In line with the latest government advice
- We will operate a new, reduced maximum capacity
- A new one-way system has been created and social distancing boxes marked throughout
- Some displays will be roped off or re-arranged
- Hand sanitising stations will be available
- Staff trained for minimum contact and issued with PPE
- Enhanced cleaning procedures in place
- Contactless payments are encouraged but we will still accept cash payments
- The café is open however the toilets must remain closed at this time.
- Opening hours may vary from published leaflets which were circulated before the pandemic. Please refer to the website or telephone us for latest information
- Whilst the one-way system is in place ground-floor entrance only will not be possible
- Wheelchair access unfortunately is not possible at this time
- Pushchairs cannot be taken inside, please leave in your car if possible as storage is minimal
- To protect our staff and visitors you should not visit us if you or anyone in your household have symptoms of Covid-19
We will monitor these conditions regularly and amend as necessary. We will revert to normal once guidelines allow and the current pandemic is over.
Thank you for your understanding.